Developing Programmers is an independent site for those who find themselves making the transition from being able to write programs to being a professional programmer. Professional programmers are expected to do a lot more than just writing programs that work. Typical expectations include:
- Writing stable, maintainable code
- Working in groups (this site focuses mostly on small groups)
- Communicating through Code (because even the newest person in the company should be able to follow what you’ve done)
- Produce automated tests for code
- Back-port bug fixes to previous versions of a program
- And more!
This site aims to introduce and discuss the skills a professional programmer needs. It aims to develop programmers."